Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Charlie's golf trip to Michigan

We've been busy, so we're a bit behind on posts!  The last post, Katie went home to Eaton shortly after our move to Chicago to hang out with her parents.  The reason Katie went home was to get Griffey, who stayed there so he didn't interfere with the movers, and because I had a golf trip the next weekend (September 21-22) with his friends.

After going with Brady on Tuesday, I went to another Reds game Thursday of that week with my friend Bryan, then we drove up to the golf resort.  The group went to a place in western Michigan called Gull Lake View.  The golf was near Kalamazoo, and we play 36 holes both Friday and Saturday - four different courses in all.  Considering I'd played exactly 29 holes of golf this summer, I had a bit of trial by fire.

We split up into two teams of 6, and do a bit of a Ryder Cup style competition with two man scrambles and points for each round.  It rained for a couple of hours on Saturday and we barely got all 36 holes in, but it did make for some nice scenery on the last round.


My team pulled off the win, so I got to take home the "Cup"!


(Eat your heart out, Becker!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment