Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Brady meets friends and family in Ohio

The day after going to the Cubs game, Katie took a trip to Eaton to visit with her parents for a week and see some friends.  It has been so nice to live closer so that we are able to make more trips like this.  While living in Jersey, it was much harder to come visit Ohio.  The week was spent mostly just relaxing around their house and taking Brady and Griffey on walks.  Katie's long-time friend Meleah and her daughter, Shaylen stopped over to meet Brady.


And Katie's parents have season tickets to the Miami Redhawks football, so Katie and her dad went to the game on Saturday.  They played University of Massachusetts and pulled off a win.  The game was kind of boring and poor Miami doesn't draw much of a crowd, so after the 3rd quarter, we decided to go uptown to the bookstore and Katie's old employer - Attraction's....or now as it is called Bar 45 East (stupid name if you ask me) .   We just sat at the bar and watched all the young college kids have their fun and reminisced about when I was in college.  We agreed that I had a lot of fun at Miami and my parents had a lot of fun visiting me while I was there.  We couldn't stay too long because I had to get back home to Brady.  My mom was watching him and being a nice grandma despite it being a very sad day for her because earlier that morning, their cat - Sasha - passed away.  She was a really old cat (15 years) and had been sick for awhile but she gave my parents a lot of company and joy over the years.  It was really hard for my parents to let her go, but in a way it was sort of a blessing so she didn't have to suffer any more and she went peacefully in her sleep.  She will definitely be missed and I was hesitate to unload Brady on my mom after having such a tough morning, but she said it helped her keep her mind off of things while enjoying Brady.  I knew Brady was in good hands, so I was able to have a fun afternoon with my dad in good ole Oxford.

                           

Also while in Eaton, Charlie's mom and grandfather (Grumpa) made a visit up to Eaton so that Grumpa could meet his great-grandson for the first time.  It was quite cute introducing them and Brady was as usual a very good baby and enjoyed meeting Grumpa.


No comments:

Post a Comment