Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012 - Wedding in Cincinnati for Charlie

We mentioned in the last post that I (Charlie) came back from Cincinnati before we went to get our baby furniture.  I had a quick trip to Cincy for the first part of Memorial Day weekend - probably my last trip back to Ohio before I'm a dad :).

This trip was by myself, since Katie was now 32 weeks along and travel isn't very comfortable any more.  The trip back was for the wedding of my college friend Travis and his wife Cynthia.  I flew in to Dayton on Friday night, though Memorial Day is some tough travel - and I was delayed about 2 hours.  I was a little nervous I'd make it at all, as quite a few flights were getting cancelled.  But I got into Dayton, picked up my rental car, and met my sister Abby and parents for dinner just a little later than expected.

We went to the Pine Club, which is right near the University of Dayton campus.  My parents had wanted to go there as it was supposed to be the best steak house in Dayton.  It's been around since 1947, so this was their 75th anniversary.  The steak house didn't disappoint - I got the "Bone-In" Ribeye and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had.  They also had a great caesar salad and we all got a side of their signature stewed tomatoes.  It was good to see my family, and also good to eat a great steak!

Saturday morning my friends Greg and Ryan went out to nearby Mimi's Cafe for Travis' "final meal".  We were staying up in Mason, and apparently Mimi's is a local chain.  They do have excellent breakfast - everyone walked away stuffed and happy.  The wedding was in Sharonville, and it was great to see my friend get married - he's also the first friend I can remember seeing introduced as "Dr. and Mrs." (Travis is a dentist).

The reception was at Manor House in Mason, just a little ways away from the hotel.  Paul Otten band, which was a staple in a couple of bars (notably, CJ's) back from our time in Miami.  I had a great time and made my way back to the Dayton airport with a bit of a hangover.  Katie and I prepped for the day of getting the furniture Sunday night by watching Johnny Depp's newest movie, Dark Shadows - which was different to say the least, but a very good movie nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment