Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Lamaze Classes

Charlie and I have been very busy getting things ready for the baby, in fact we just finished up our 5 week long Lamaze classes.  The class actually started on the Thursday before Mother's day and Charlie surprised me by giving me an early Mother's Day gift and to start off our classes with a gift.  I was very surprised when he laid a big box from my new favorite store (Motherhood Maternity) on my lap to open.  I opened it to find a very nice nursing night-gown and matching robe that he had picked out himself.  It was very thoughtful of him and I plan to pack in my hospital bag to use at the hospital after the baby is born.

Actually the class was called "The Ultimate Birthing Experience" and they covered everything from Lamaze breathing techniques to medical interventions and what to expect during labor.  The class was really useful because it was us and 6 other couples who were all in the same boat, not having a clue as to what to expect/do when the laboring begins, so we all had the same questions and the instructor gave lots of advice to the husbands as to how help your wife and keep her calm and relaxed when the contractions start.   The class was taught by a Douhla, who we learned is a person that is trained to be a female helper during the birthing process...basically if you are worried your husband will pass out, then the Douhla will be there to help you keep breathing, some people hire Douhla's for the extra help, but Charlie and I are doing it the old fashion way...just him and me.  

Now all we have to do is wait for Baby Mowry to arrive.  


No comments:

Post a Comment