Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fenway Park!!!

(Posted by Charlie)
I had another training for one day the past week - this time in Boston on Wednesday morning. Luckily, the Red Sox were in town, so I took an early morning train the train there. This was my first time riding a train of any sort since I moved here, and it was definitely a good experience. I drove from our house to the Stamford, Connecticut station. I took the Amtrak business class train, which was great - a fair amount of space (more than air travel) and free wireless internet. A co-worker drove to Boston for the training, and said the drive was fine - until he arrived in the city. If you've ever been to Boston, the streets aren't exactly a grid. So I was glad I took this option.
After working Tuesday from the Boston office - I took a cab to the best park of all - Fenway! The description I tell people - "this is where God wanted baseball to be played". And I do not like the Red Sox - though I root for the home team whenever I go to a park. The city blocks off most of the streets directly surrounding the park (Yawkey Way and Lansdowne), and there are vendors selling various ballpark fare. I got an Italian Sausage on Yawkey Way - this is hands down thge best ballpark food you can have!!!












My seat was in the outfield - about as far as possible from home plate as you can be. But that's OK; Fenway is relatively small and you get good views from out there. The Sox were playing the Tampa Bay Rays, so it was a matchup of two good teams. David Ortiz hit a 3-run homer for the first runs, and they almost blew it open, taking an 8-1 lead. The Rays came back though, and the Red Sox surprisingly had to bring in their closer, Papelbon, to protect the 8-5 lead with runners on in the 9th.

The Green Monster is definitely the most unique feature in any park - and a Red Sox player (Billy Hall) actually homered over the famous 37-foot left field wall. All in all - it was awesome to take advantage of the trip for work and be able to see a game at Fenway. This was the 2nd game I'd ever seen there, and, good or bad, the Red Sox have won both...

1 comment:

  1. Good updates on your travels, both of you. Now how about some pics of the new home? Madre

    ReplyDelete