Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Marathon tomorrow!

About 10 hours from now, I'll be starting the 3rd marathon of my life!  I've trained for over 5 months for the Chicago marathon, and while I haven't been able to run as much as I'd like the last 5 or 6 weeks, I have run all of the long runs and I feel pretty ready.  My goal is much different than my first two marathons.  I ran under 4 hours in both of those, but now I'll be happy just finishing - though it would be great if I could clear 4:30 :)

Thanks to everyone who donated to the cause I was raising money for (Team in Training) - which benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I'm happy to say I met my fundraising minimum and my stretch goal of $1,500!  Tonight Katie, Brady and I went to the celebration dinner for Team in Training.  It was neat to go to the event, just as it's been neat to hear why so many people are running to fight this disease.

Mostly, I'm happy that I've done something to get in a little better shape and raised money for a cause.  I've often thought about my Aunt Sally, who died of cancer, during some of my runs.  I'm sure I'll think of her sometime tomorrow.

Also, Katie's good friend's dad (John Malone) is currently fighting leukemia, and we are saying prayers for him.  He's a great guy who loves the Chicago White Sox and brewing his own beer, and I hope the advances in medicine enable him to get back to enjoying those hobbies soon!

If you'd still like to donate - you can do so at my page:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/il/chicago13/charliemowry

1 comment: