Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mother's Day - May 12th

Everyone told me that becoming a mother changes your life, but I never fully understood the depth of that statement until last August 1st when Brayden Stephen Mowry came into our lives.  I remember during those 9 months of pregnancy speculating about how our little baby would look and his personality and how things would change in our lives.  However none of my speculations even came close to true,  he is so much cuter than I ever imagined and Brady definitely wins the best personality, he is the happiest and most easy going baby.  I felt so grateful when he was born a healthy baby boy and every day since have enjoyed every minute of seeing him grow.  I have quickly learned that there seems to be an endless amount of things to do like cleaning bottles and laundry.  My free time has gone from being able to take long trips to the mall for myself any time to carefully selecting and scheduling a brief shopping trip for myself.  But even though there seems to be so much work that goes along with parenting, I never knew how awesome it would feel when he smiles up at you or giggles into your neck and makes the long 9 months of pregnancy, the 17 hours of labor and the endless diapers all worth it.  

For my first Mother's Day, I wanted to spend a relaxing day with my 2 favorite boys, so we decided to go to the Lincoln Park zoo for the first time.  Brady seemed to really enjoy looking around at all the animals and it was really fun for us to watch his reactions.  It is extremely nice to be so close to a zoo and we were surprised to find out that admission is free, you just have to pay for parking.   Brady and Griffey even surprised me by getting me flowers and a nice card (with the help of Daddy of course).









No comments:

Post a Comment