Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog!
We plan to use this Blog to update our friends and families of our new adventures in the Big Apple and New Jersey.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Work travel for Charlie - early October 2011

Charlie went on a couple of trips for work in October.  First up, at the very beginning of October, he went to Denver for a two day conference.  Then he went to DC for a conference a couple of weeks later...

I left early on Sunday, October 2nd to fly out and get a day to see some of the city.  The big stop on Sunday was the Coors Brewery with a few co-workers who'd also come in early.  The brewery is actually in Golden, Colorado - 15-20 minutes outside of Denver.



Taking the walking tour was neat, and there was a free sampling of 3 beers afterward.  I tried the new "Native Colorado", which is a new beer being sold only in the Colorado area, and the "Batch 19" - a pre-prohibition style beer.  If they ever distribute the Native Colorado nationally, I'd recommend that



It was also very scenic in the area, here's some more pictures from my phone.




I also went to the area downtown around the baseball park (aptly named "Coors Field"), which was near the hotel I stayed at.  There were a lot of cool restaurants and bars in the area, and I snapped a few shots of the area outside the ballpark.  Katie and I will definitely need to make a trip out to Denver at some point.



A few weeks later, I went to DC for a couple of days to teach and participate in a training.  I didn't get a lot of time to visit the city for this one - so here's the best photo I had of the Capitol.  Good thing we visited there a few months ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment